The 2 days tour to M'hamid from Marrakech is the best option to visit the desert and the dunes, even though it doesn't compare to Merzouga or Chegaga dunes, it's still a lot better than Zagora, apart from the awesome attractions all along the road to M'hamid, you can actually see relatively big dunes and appreciate a wonderful sunset and sunrise and enjoy a beautiful atmosphere with the nomads.
• Enjoy the beautiful landscapes between Marrakech and Mhamid
• Drive through Tizi n Tichka Pass of the High Atlas Mountains
• Visit the UNESCO world heritage site of Ait Ben Haddou
• Visit Taourirt Kasbah and Film Studios
• Drive through the Draa Valley, past palm trees, Kasbahs and desert oases
• Camel ride in the Dunes of Mhamid & a wonderful sunset
• Musical play with the nomads
Morning departure by 4x4 to Mhamid, crossing the high atlas mountains and driving along the ancient caravan route, arriving in Agdez in time for lunch. In the afternoon our sahara desert experience continues through Draa valley and Zagora. Once we arrive to Mhamid the gate to the desert you will ride camels for about an hour and a half. Enjoy the sunset from the top of the highest dune over the distant mountains, before the camels take us back to the bivouac of nomad tents for dinner and a night’s rest.
If you wake up early enough, you can watch the spectacle of the sunrise, when the colour of the dunes and the play of shadows are an awesome sight. After this, it’s back in the vehicle and set off to Ait Ben Haddou, a beautiful kasbah, often used as a movie location for Hollywood blockbusters like Gladiator starring Russel Crowe. We have lunch here before making the drive back over the Tizi-n-Tichka pass and back to Marrakech. Ends of Desert trip from Marrakech to M’hamid
• Hotel pickup and drop-off in Marrakech
• Transportation by air-conditioned minibus
• English-speaking driver
• Camel trek in the M’hamid dunes at sunset and sunrise
• Standard accommodation in a Berber desert camp with hot showers and toilets outside your private tent
• Dinner and breakfast included in camp
• Free time to eplore the Cites as Ait Ben Haddou Kasbah, Ourzazate, Cenima Studios.