The 3 day Sahara desert tour from Marrakech to erg chegaga is the most efficient tour for travelers having just available 3 days in Marrakech and wanting to absolutely have a unique and amazing desert experience. We make sure to show you the real desert.
• Enjoy the beautiful landscapes between Marrakech and Chegaga
• Drive through Tizi n Tichka Pass of the High Atlas Mountains
• Visit the UNESCO world heritage site of Ait Ben Haddou
• Visit Taourirt Kasbah and Film Studios
• Drive through the Draa Valley, past palm trees, Kasbahs and desert oases
• Camel ride in the Dunes of Mhamid & a wonderful sunset
• Musical play with the nomads
Departure at 8h00am from your riad/hotel in Marrakech and travel through the High Atlas Mountains via the Tichka Pass (2260 m) – the highest road pass in Morocco offering spectacular charming views of the mountains and valleys, beautiful landscapes with different colours and the Berber villages along the way. Take the route to Telouet (for the Kasbah Glaoui) and then follow the course of the beautiful Ounila Valley, in the mountain foothills, to reach Ait Ben Haddou, Lunche then walk through steep streets and visit the most beautiful fortified village in the area which is one of the Unesco Heritagen, we continue our journey, towards Zagora through Tizi-n-Tinififft (1660 m high), a stop in the village of Agdez. We continue our way along the side of Draa Valley with its date Palm trees, oasis and Ksours to reach Zagora. Dinner and overnight in a hotel or Riad
After breakfast, we have enough time to visit Zagora and its surroundings especially the Jewish quarter in Amzerou and the palm groves. Afterwards, we continue our trip towards to Sahara Desert (Mhamid). Along the way, we stop in the the original town of the 16th century dynasty ( Saadian), (Tamgroute), to visit an old koran library and a subterranean kasbah. We arrive to Mhamid where the Draa valley and civilization end. Lunch, then we Drive off-road for 2hrs to reach vast dunes of Erg Chegaga, the largest group of sand dunes in the region reached an altitude of 300 m and a width of 40 km , we arrive before the sunset you will start the nomadic life by riding the camels and travel along the desert with its different facet of life and also diverse components. Dinner and night will be enjoyed under the nomad tent or under the starlit in the midst of nice sand dunes; there is drum music to the evening campfire
Afer watching the sunrise over the dunes, and eating your breakfast we leave Chegaga towards Foum-Zguid, through the Lake of iriqui and a desert plateau covered with acacias trees. We reach Taznakht where you will have lunch, then we continue to Marrakech through Amerzeggane. We arrive to Marrakech around 18:30. end of Desert trip from Marrakech to Chegaga
• Private A/C 4×4 Vehicle + fuel.
• English speaking driver/guide during the tour.
• Pick up & Drop off at your accommodation.
• Typical hotels, Kasbahs & Riads with dinner and breakfast.
• Camel ride and overnight in the Sahara Desert
• Enough time to explore the sites: Kasbahs, Walks, Canyons, stops for photos and toilet.